I am 2 weeks postpartum today. I can't believe it has already been two weeks since I had my sweet baby. My recovery is going really good still. I weighed in today at 142 lbs. I still have 10 to 15 more to go and those last 10 to 15 pounds are definitely the hardest to get off. I still haven't been doing anything to try and loose it other than eating smaller portions and not eating out so much. I think I am definitely going to have to do some toning this time. I think I feel so much flabbier than I was after Christian. I am wondering if I am going to be able to still wear a bikini this summer with all this extra flab. Hopefully I can get motivated in a couple of weeks to do some sit-ups and some leg exercises. My boobs are almost all the way down now. They don't hurt at all any more, but they do have a tendency to leak just a little every once in awhile, so I am still wearing a bra 24/7. My bleeding has slowed down a lot also. I will be glad when that is all done with too. I am hoping only another week of it and it will be gone completely. I had my first day back at work this past Friday and it went really good. I was a little sad to leave my boys. My mom came over to our house to watch them for me. I was only gone a total of 3 hours and I think that was a perfect amount. I got just a little teary eyed on my way to work, but I didn't cry like I did when I left Christian for the first time. By the time I finished up with my clients I was glad I hadn't scheduled anymore. I was tired and feeling crampy from being on my feet for those 2 1/2 hours. I will say that once I got there it felt good to be there and working. I would much rather come back slow and easy like this than be off for several weeks and then be slammed when I go back. My next day to work is tonight and I am quite a bit busier tonight than I was on Friday, so I am hoping that things go as well tonight as they did on Friday. Jax has slept really good the last 2 nights, so at least I have gotten good sleep and I am going to try and take it easy around the house today, so I will have plenty of energy tonight. I am surprised at how well emotionally I have been recovering also. I know with Christian I cried a lot after I had him. I mostly would cry because I was happy, but sometimes it would feel like an extreme case of PMS where I would cry over every little thing. I haven't cried once so far. I feel like I am in a lot better control of my emotions this time. I do have some irritability, but it is no different than when I am going to start my period or something. Our first week home we were overwhelmed with lots of visitors we love having company, but I will say it has been kind of nice to have a couple of days this week to ourselves. I look forward to our evenings when Jason gets home form work and we eat supper together and then go down stairs and all cuddle on the couch and watch a movie with Christian until bedtime. This past Saturday Jason and I made sure to not have anything planned so we could just relax and hang out as a family. I have to say I am looking forward to warmer weather, but at the same time I don't mind the cold nasty weather because then I don't feel quite as guilty laying around the house on the weekends and during the week. Christian has started acting up just a little bit more in the last couple of days. He is still so excited and so good with Jax, but it just seems like he is testing us more and more. I can't help but feel guilty sometimes for coming down so hard on him too. I know this has been a huge adjustment for him and he has done much better than expected. I struggle with do I ease up on him because he is still adjusting and let some things slide, or do I stand my ground and continue to discipline him as much as I have been. I have no tolerance for whining, crying, and being told No. I am trying to not overreact as much and have a little more patience. I try to just calmly tell him to go sit in time out or to go to his room. I do good the first time I tell him, but by the time I get to the second and third I am usually raising my voice and and loosing my temper. Overall I feel like we all are adjusting better than I expected to having two kids. I have had a harder time keeping up with all my blogs. I almost have them all caught up from the last two weeks. I am hoping that by this weekend I will be all caught up! Then can start working on some of my other projects. I am wanting to make a montage of Jax's birth like Alisann made of Christian's, so I can show it after Jax's Baptism. I haven't hardly started on it yet, so I have a long way to go on that one. I need to make several photobooks still and I need to clean out Christian's closet and organize some of his stuff. We have asked Christian this week if he likes having a baby brother and he always says yes. We asked him if he wanted us to have another one sometime and he said that he does, but he wants a girl. If things continue to go as well for us as they have in the last two weeks I think we will start trying again next spring. We would love to have 2 boys and 2 girls. Jason isn't as crazy about the idea of 4 as I am, but I think since this has gone so much better than we both imagined he is more inclined to go for 4. Hopefully things will go smoothly for us when we do start trying again. Last night when Jason got home from work I took a much needed relaxing bath and Jason made me a margarita to enjoy while I was in there. It was so good! I have been wanting one of those for 9 months. I still haven't made it to the tanning bed yet. Maybe I will get there one day this week. My goals this week are to have my blogs caught up, start on the montage, go to the tanning bed, and to lose 5 more lbs. Hopefully I can accomplish these few things and continue to recover as good and quickly as I have been.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment