Wednesday, January 5, 2011

7 Day Countdown

7 days are left until I meet my baby boy! I have actually had a little more energy today than I did yesterday and I was able to get a few things accomplished. I didn't do a whole lot because I am still trying to stay off my feet as much as possible. I did go ahead and put Jax's car seat in the car. We put the base in several days ago, but left the car seat in the nursery I figured I didn't want to have to remember to lug it out if I went into labor unexpectedly. I doubled checked and made sure all my bags were packed and ready to go. I am waiting to carry those out until I actually go into labor. I have all my clothes laid out for when I leave for the hospital, so I don't have to rummage around trying to find something comfortable and decent to wear. I picked up and straightened things around the house and did a few loads of laundry. I will hopefully finish the laundry tomorrow. I have to say work was a killer tonight and I would not be surprised if I went into labor tonight or tomorrow. I have been cramping off and on for a couple of weeks now, but nothing too major and it is always at night and by morning it is gone for the most part. I really have not had any contractions that even could be timed yet. Toninght after I got off work I was cramping pretty bad, worst than I have in the last couple weeks. I went to my parents because they were having a going away party for Martha and Christian was there and needed to be picked up. I ate some dinner and then pretty much had to leave because Christian was so tired. The whole time being there though I felt like my cramps were getting worst and I also started feeling nauseated towards the end of work and kept feeling like it off and on at Mom and Dad's. I told Travis before I left there that he ought to keep his phone close, because tonight could be the night. I also kept feeling like I had to go number 2. When I got home I was still in a lot of pain, but I got Christian to bed and went to the bathroom and since then I have laid down to type this I have felt better. I still keep having some cramps but they aren't quite as painful, unless Jaxson starts moving around and then It is really painful. I still haven't timed anything yet. I don't know if it is because there isn't anything to time or if I am too tired to concentrate and do it. I kind of feel like when It's important to start timing I will just know and start doing it, but maybe it isn't that obvious. The whole labor thing is so confusing. There are so many different symptoms for the beginning of labor and every body and every pregnancy labor is different. It really doesn't matter how many kids you have had I think it is confusing no matter what until you get to full blown labor then you know, but by then you could be so far along you might not have time for an epidural. If you would have asked me an hour ago I would have said this baby is coming tonight, but now that I am laying here I think I could make it through. The thing that worries me is that I am getting checked tomorrow which could trigger something then for tomorrow night and then if that doesn't do it I don't see how I am going to make it through the day on Friday with how busy I am at work. I feel like that could be what does it in. Then again I could make it until Wednesday. I know it isn't far away at all, but after the cramping I have had tonight I don't know how I am going to make it that long. I am tying to think positive and tell myself I can get through this and that I can make it to the 12th. Christian has been telling me all day how he is so excited for Jaxson and he can't wait to meet Jaxson. He even said he wanted to see him today and that he was ready to meet him now. I told him we had to wait one more week before we could see him. Then he wanted to give him hugs and kisses and tell him how much he loves him. It was so sweet! Well, hopefully I make it through the night.

1 comment:

  1. Your post brought a tear to my eye when I thought about Christian telling you he couldn't wait to meet Jaxson! He's so sweet. He's going to be such a good big brother!

    ReplyDelete