I am 3 weeks postpartum today. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. I weighed in today at 142 lbs. I am hoping more of this weight starts coming off faster. I am getting a little impatient, but then again I haven't exactly been working to get it off either. I am at an in between stage on clothes right now and it is frustrating. I need to go shopping bad, but I hate to go buy a bunch of stuff and then it be too big in a couple of months. I probably should try and watch what I eat a little more. I do think I am still carrying a little water weight. The last few nights I have woke up sweating and not because I am hot. I think it is my body's way of getting rid of the extra fluids. I know I did this really bad after I had Christian. My boobs don't hurt at all any more, but they do still leak a tiny bit every once in a while. My bleeding is now just barely spotting, but I still wear a pad just to be safe for now. I finally had some margaritas this week and some wine and boy was that nice! I still haven't made it to the tanning bed yet and who know if I will. One thing that I am loving is not having any heart burn. It pretty much was completely gone by the time I came home from the hospital, but I have just been thinking about what a relief it is to not have to worry about that anymore. I really feel like everything is going so much smoother than I expected. I am getting things done around the house that I thought would be impossible after having a second one. I have done a decent job of staying caught up with my blogging and I was really worried about that. It took me awhile to get all the blogs caught up from the hospital, but I now have all of my blogs up to date and that is a relief. I am still behind on my photo books, but I have almost finished Jax's Montage that I want to show at his Baptism reception of his birth! My goal is to finish that and a photobook of Jax's birth in the next week. I am super excited to get Jax's newborn pictures in. I have empty frames all over my house just waiting to put his pictures in. My only complaint is just missing a full nights sleep. It has been so long since I have been able to sleep through the night comfortably without any interruptions. I feel pretty good when I get to take a nap in the afternoon, but when I miss my nap it really makes me extra tired. I can't complain too much because I am getting way more sleep than I thought would be possible with a newborn, so I am thankful for that! I am really pleased with how great everything has been so far. I think Jason and I both are having a much easier time having a second child than we thought. If things keep going this well we will probably start trying for our third child next winter and definitely by next spring. One thing I want to try and work on is finding more time to spend one on one with Christian. I try to make the most of the time we have during the day when Jax is content or asleep, but I think I could do better. I am pretty much back to working my full schedule at work and it is going great so far. I really love my job and I love getting to see and talk to all my clients. I feel so much better when I am there now that I am not pregnant. I didn't realize how hard working like that was on me until now. If I could pick when we would have our third child I would pick sometime between February and April of 2013. I think any of those months would be a nice time to have a baby. It was just so hard to be SO pregnant and SO busy with the holidays that I would like to try and avoid that again if possible. Of course we will take another bundle of joy anytime, but if I had my choice I would pick late winter to early spring. It's crazy that I can even think about a third when I just had Jax, but we are just loving every minute with him so much. I wish he could stay this way for awhile. They just grow so fast right now! My goals this week are to hopefully be totally finished bleeding and leaking, maybe get to the tanning bed, and try and organize a few things around the house. I would also love to loose about 5 lbs., but that I am sure will not happen!
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this part-- "My goals this week are to hopefully be totally finished bleeding and leaking." :))
ReplyDeleteYou sound like you are doing great!!