Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sicknesses & 10 Day Countdown

Well, the last couple of days we have all been getting sick around here. In the last couple of weeks it has been really bad with my family. Becky's family all had pink eye really bad and that has now spread to almost everyone else in our family. My Mom was really sick right before Christmas and so was Jason. Christian has had a cough and runny nose for almost 2 weeks now and a couple of days ago his eyes started to get crusty and goopy and red. We got him some eye drops that were over the counter for pink eye, but it doesn't seem to be making it better, but it isn't getting worst. We have been giving him Tylenol cold medicine for about 2 weeks now and it just doesn't seem to be enough to kick it. I started in with an sore throat and ear ache a couple of days ago and it seems to be getting a little worst each day. Jason seems to be doing okay as of now. I am calling Christian's doctor and my doctor first thing in the morning. I am hoping to get some antibiotics for both of us so we can kick this before Jaxson gets here or it gets any worse. The last thing I need is to be in labor and be sick. I also want Christian to get better, because if he is still sick when I have Jaxson he won't be able to come and visit us. I would be so upset if I can't see Christian for two whole days. We are now on the 10 day countdown to when Jax will be here. Of course at this point he could come at anytime, but we are really hoping to make it to the 12th. It would be great for me to be able to get through this last week of work and I would really love to have this last week to spend with Christian by himself. My plan is to spend this next week cleaning and detailing our whole house, work on photo books, and do lots of fun things with Christian. My last day of work is the 10th and then I am hoping to have the whole day on the 11th to spend with Christian. I really want that day for us, so I am really hoping to not go on the 11th. I know none of this will work out the way I plan, but it really is crazy to think that at the most I only have ten more days until Jax arrives. I hope in the next 10 days everyone gets to feeling better so that we can have visitors at the Hospital. I think for the next ten days I am going to try and do a ten day countdown post each day, so I can record my thoughts and emotions. They are a constant roller coaster day to day and it is almost comical. I am not one to complain openly too much, so it will probably help writing it down. I know yesterday I was filled with excitement and now today I am a little more nervous than excited. I am afraid of not having any free time to get things done for myself and I don't want to sound selfish, but I just want to be able to keep my sanity the next couple of months. I worry about having the energy to get myself ready on the days I have to work or my house looking like a pig pen. I guess it won't be the end of the world if I look like crap at work and my house is a mess. I don't plan on having much company in the next couple of months. Jason is a huge help around the house. He does a lot of the cleaning and cooking which is nice. I think we both will just have to help each other through all this. I just get nervous thinking about it all. Everyone always tells me how hard it is to have two kids and I think having one is hard a lot of times. My plans for today are to clean the guest bathroom and Christian's room. If I have more energy I might tackle the baseboards, doors and doorways also. If I run out of energy I will save that for tomorrow and maybe work on a photobook instead. I feel like also the more I accomplish each day the more relaxed about everything that I feel. It is hard to get a lot done, because I notice when I start doing to much I start cramping, so I am afraid that overdoing it might start my labor. After mass today we went to the mall to take somethings back and have lunch and to pick up some things and walking around there for an hour was a little tough. I started cramping pretty bad as we were walking out to the car and I decided it would be good to lay down for a little while once I got home and blog rather than work around the house. I am taking things one day at a time and what I can each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment