Our last full day in the hospital was an emotional one for me. I felt really overwhelmed with things and was so worried about Lucas for some reason. I cried a lot yesterday morning. I felt so stupid when I even started crying in front of the boys' pediatrician. I was asking him about SIDS and about the baby monitors that detect heartbeats to see if we should get one. He told us that they really don't do any good, if SIDS is going to happen then there is nothing that we can do. He didn't think that I had any reason to be worried though. I think it was the fact that I was coming off all the pain medicine and the reality of how close we came to losing him was setting in. Alisann and Patrick were our first visitors of the day. I talked to her about how I was feeling and of course started crying again. By the time my mom got there with Christian I was a mess. I was balling and so worked up over everything that I just broke down. I was so upset with myself for being so upset for really no reason. I was really looking forward to having some alone time with Christian and Lucas when it wasn't so crowded or Jax wasn't there and then all I could do was cry the whole time. Once I finally calmed down things were much better. After mom and Alisann left Aunt Christie and my Grandma stopped by for a little bit. AUnt Christian brought me sushi for lunch and gifts for all the boys. It was such a nice visit with her. I talked to her about how I was feeling and she definitely made me feel better. SHe said she felt the same way after she had Andrew which was also a bad and scary delivery. She said my body probably was in shock a little and was recovering from everything. She said sometimes your system has to kind of shut down in order to recharge again and I think I was emotionally shutting down from everything. After lunch one of my friends from high school's sister was in labor in the room next to mine. Sarah had also just had a little boy 2 weeks before Lucas. It was so great to see her and get to see her little boy. Then we had a nice little visit from Travis and Aunt Susan. Susan made Lucas the cutest sock monkey with his name on it. I absolutely love it! I am going to have to get a picture of all three of the boys with their sock monkeys now. Lucas also got his pictures taken for the hospital. We did two different poses. One with his blanket that his great Grandma Folz made him and one with his St. Patrick's day hat. I can't wait to see them! Early in the evening Kenny and LeeAnn came by so Kenny could meet his newest grandson. LeeAnn brought me banana bread and I was so excited! It was so nice of her to think of me. Mom and Dad then brought the boys up to the hospital and we got to have a nice fun little visit with just us and the boys. Jax finally started to take notice of Lucas since there weren't so many people around and he was getting used to the distractions in the room. Sally who is a client of mine and nurse at the hospital stopped by to check on us and to get the rest of the details of Lucas' birth since she wasn't working that night. We also had a visit from my cousin Amie. It was so nice to get to visit with her for awhile. Then Jason took the boys to my parents house to spend the night and get them ready for bed. While Jason was gone mom and dad and Becky and John came back up to the hospital so John could meet his newest nephew. It was a quick visit but that was fine because we all were getting tired and I still had walking to do. I was so worn out from my roller coaster of emotions kind of day. WHen Jason got back up to the hospital we stayed up and talked for a little bit and then sent Lucas to the nursery so we could get some rest.

No comments:
Post a Comment