Our second day was much more relaxed than our first day. We started our morning off with breakfast and cuddling with our baby boy Lucas and taking a little walk down the halls. I was starting to feel a little more sore, but the pain was still manageable. We didn't have any visitors until early afternoon because everyone was at church. It was nice to have some alone and quiet time with just Jason and Lucas. Josh, Brittany and Ty were our first visitors of the day and Jamie, Ben, and the kids came while they were there. It was fun all of us hanging out for a little while. Dr. Leinenbach made a quick stop to check on me and to get a picture with Lucas. She warned me again that I would be sore today and tonight and then it would get better. Then Andy, Heather, Ryan, Ryker, Susan, Duane, and Travis all came by. Things got a little overwhelming with so many people, so Josh, Brittany, Ty, Jamie and Ben all decided to leave. I was excited to get to meet Ryker for the first time. I had to snap a picture of Andy and Jason with both of their baby boys that are just 2 months apart. Lucas also shares a birthday with Duane now! After they all left jason and I took a little nap with Lucas and then we had a visit from his Boss and his wife. They stayed for a long time and it was really nice to get to sit and visit with them for awhile. Later that evening Mom and dad came up with the boys and The Babe. The boys were super excited to get their present from Bob and Barb Keller. They brought them cowboy hats. This could not have been more perfect especially for Jax because he loves to put anything on his head. Aunt Christie also came by to meet Lucas tonight. Christian is such a proud big brother and he just loves holding little Lucas. He was really excited to get to spend the night at Mom and Dad's tonight also. He is loving getting spoiled by his aunts and uncle and grandma and grandpa Shetler! After everyone left for the evening Jason and I went for another walk down the halls. This time I moved really slow and it was very painful. I only walked about half of the amount that I was walking and I could not wait to lay back in bed. I felt this really bad burning feeling wear my stitches are. It felt like the worst rug burn imaginable. My nurse tonight told me to lay as flat as a I could while I slept and that would help, she also said that tomorrow would not be as painful. I was a little frustrated with myself because I felt like I was going backwards in my progress. I was also told that the more I moved around the faster I would heal so that made me feel good to know that I just needed to keep working at it and to not lay around.










No comments:
Post a Comment