Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Getting Things Ready

I spent the good part of the day yesterday going through all of Christian's old clothes and all of my baby things. I actually filled up 6 bags of things to get rid of! I couldn't believe it! Whenever I packed up Christian's clothes as he outgrew them I just through them all in totes and didn't sort anything out other than the size and the season. Yesterday I went through and made a separate tote for things I wanted to keep for Christian. There are some outfits that I remember him wearing and I want those to stay his outfits. Then I went through and put all the outfits together along with matching shoes and hats for Jax to wear. After I finished with all the clothes I started in on all the totes of blankets, sheets, and bath accessories. Some of the things were really worn, so I got rid of those and some of them I kept for just Christian. The others I packed back up for Jax to use. I then started on the tote of all the bottles. When I had Christian I was super annal for some reason about only using Dr. Brown bottles. You would die if you new how many I had. I went through and put all level 1 nipples on all the 2 and 4 ounce bottles and put level 2 nipples on all the 8 ounce bottles. I put all the caps back on them and organized them according to size. They were all just thrown in the tote with level Y nipples and a lot of the nipples were cut so Christian could eat easier as he got older. I threw away all the cut nipples and bagged up any nipples I wasn't using and labeled the bags I also went threw all the many passies Christian had. There were only two kinds that I liked to use, but I somehow ended up with a ton of other ones. I got rid of all those and bagged up the passies that I liked. I feel really good to have gotten all that stuff cleaned out and organized. I also now have a better idea of what I need to get for Jax. I am planning on cleaning out all my diaper bags and reorganizing and washing all of them today. I have four different ones from Pottery Barn that I love. I tend to get obsessed with things easily and end up buying one in every color. I have used all of them though and the styes are all a little different. I got a little addicted to some things on Etsy this morning and I ordered bibs, burp cloths and onesies that are so cute I can't wait to get them in. I am really going to try and not buy anymore clothes until our St. Louis trip. I still have plenty of time to buy things and I still have lots of things I need to buy before Jax gets here, so I am trying to control myself. I am not doing a very good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment