Thursday, August 19, 2010

18 Weeks



I am 18 weeks pregnant today! I weighed in this morning at 141. That is quite a big difference from last week. I have been eating really bad this past week. We haven't been to the grocery yet and we have been really busy, which means a lot of unhealthy eating. I didn't throw up at all this week which is great. I have been feeling a lot better which is also why I probably have packed on some pounds. Right now for the last couple of days I have been craving cole slaw for some reason. I still love my big glass of chocolate milk in the mornings. I have figured out something that I do not want and it is really weird for me. Normally I LOVE turkey sandwiches from Lic's. I ate a lot of them in the beginning of this pregnancy and now the thought of them makes me feel a little sick. I'm sure it's because I ate so many of them when I felt my worst. I hope I get over that after the pregnancy because I really will miss those sandwiched if I don't. I have also been wanting lots of salty things and not so much on the sweet things. With Christian I couldn't get enough sweets. maybe this means I'm having a girl! Speaking of having a girl I have been keeping an eye out on some clothes the last few times I have been shopping. Everything out there is pink, but I think I will be able to get used to the color in certain shades and small amounts. I painted a jar for the gender reveal party tomorrow that says 'It's A Girl' and it turned out pretty cute even though I used a little pink on it. I actually like it better than the boy jar that I did. I am really looking forward to the ultra sound this afternoon. I can't wait to see the baby moving around. I really hope everything comes back normal and healthy today. After my dream I had last week I am so afraid I am going to forget to tell the nurse to write it down and to not tell us. I am also afraid I am going to forget to tell her to put it on a DVD for us. I have so many things on my mind right now I know I am going to forget something. I am getting really anxious for our party tomorrow. All week I haven't been able to decide what I think it is. One minute I think girl and the next I think boy. Logic tells me boy from how I have felt with the sickness, but my gut instinct has been telling me a girl lately. I have no idea what color of shirt I am going to wear now and I have no idea how I am going to have the self control to not open that envelope when I get home. I don't know how my sister waited a week to open hers. Alisann was able to find out a week before Christmas and she waited until Christmas morning to open the envelope and then she let mom and her mother-in-law open it on Christmas morning also. I loved it! How fun to get to find out on Christmas morning. I hope we get to do that sometime. I have been sleeping really bad lately also. No matter what I do I can't get comfortable and my back has been killing me. Jason gave me two awesome back rubs this past week which has made a huge difference. I think it is time for another one. I got my closet and drawers all cleaned out and have hung up some of my maternity clothes. I haven't got out my fall and winter ones yet since it is still so hot out. I really don't have very many summer things. Most of my stuff is for fall and winter. I have been ordering some things off the internet from Destination Maternity, A Pea In The Pod, and Due Maternity. They have some cute things on there. I am looking forward to going to St. Louis in a few weeks for our anniversary and doing some serious shopping! There is just nothing around here as far as maternity clothes go. I can't wait to get bedding ordered and paint picked out for the nursery. Hopefully I can have all that finished next week. If it is a girl I am leaning towards Restoration Hardware for bedding and If it is a boy I'm sure I will find something on Pottery Barn. I am hoping to have things close to being finished in the nursery if not all the way by the time we leave for St. Louis. Then I can pick up accent things and decor stuff while we are there. Alisann and I are planning our semi- annual shopping trip in October to Cincinnati. This is when I will probably do some serious damage on shopping. I keep thinking more and more about the delivery and wondering how it is going to go. I hope it goes smoothly. I am getting a little nervous for it. It won't be as easy to just back up and leave now that we have Christian and I am going to absolutely hate leaving him for two nights. At least I won't have to worry about him staying anywhere. I will feel so much better knowing he is at home in his bed instead of someplace he isn't comfortable with. There are so many things to plan and think about. I am trying to take it one day at a time and hope I get everything done that I want to get done. It has felt really good this past week to get our upstairs cleaned up and cleaned out. That is progress right there! The baby has been moving like crazy and I can feel just slight movements with my hand now. Jason hasn't felt it yet, but we haven't had much time to lay down and wait for the baby to move. Probably in another week or two he will get to feel it move. He 's getting really anxious for that! I think the best part of pregnancy is feeling the baby move. It is so neat and special! I will do another post this afternoon on my doctor's appointment when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment