Thursday, October 14, 2010

26 Weeks



I am 26 weeks pregnant today! I am using my weight from my doctor's appointment on Monday, so today I weighed in at 15o! That sounds like so much. I think I am going to end up 5 lbs. more than I want to be at the end. It's just that much more that I have to get off. I have felt a little better this week with the heart burn and acid reflux. I haven't puked this week, so that is good! I have been trying to watching what I eat at night before I go to bed and that seems to be helping with it. Greasy and spicy things tend to trigger it the most or eating too much and then laying down right away. So I have been avoiding those things. One new symptom that I have been having is it's either tendonitis or carpal tunnel in my right wrist. The last few days my right wrist has been killing me. I thought I slept on it wrong or that it has been because I have been busy at work. One of my co-workers told me that both times she was pregnant she had this same thing happen to her. I looked it up online and it said that it is true, because when your pregnant all the tendons in your body will stretch and people that type or hairstylist will have problems in there wrists. I thought this seemed odd, but I guess it makes since. Not good for me considering I'm about to hit a really busy season. At least it is only temporary. My co-worker told me that hers went away after she had both of her boys. I think Jax has finally moved positions a little. I can breath a little better now, but my bladder is definitely being used as a punching/kicking bag. He was going to town on it last night. I thought he was going to just kick his way out! The other night I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep and I felt something a little uncomfortable just below my sternum. When I started pressing around on it I could feel what felt like a foot or a hand. I'm not sure what one, but I could definitely make out some sort of body part. It was so cool! I remember being able to see and do this when I was pregnant with Christian and it was so neat. It makes me just that much more anxious to hold my little boy! Jax moves all the time no matter what time of day or night or what I am doing. This at least makes me feel better, because if I don't feel him it freaks me out, so I am glad he is really active! This week I have went back to using my Bella Band and wearing my regular jeans. I am more comfortable in those. I am going to buy some jeans this weekend a size bigger than usual and hopefully be able to wear those for awhile and then I will have them for after when after I have Jax before I lose my 'baby' weight. My maternity stuff fits in the belly but is big in the butt and it's just not as comfortable. I'm sure in another month or so they will fit much better. Our cousin Brittany that is pregnant is going to be having her baby next Wednesday. I can't wait to meet this little guy! She has to be on bed rest for the next week and then they are doing a C-section on Wednesday. I really hate that for her, but at least she is getting him a couple weeks early! Our other cousin Amie is looking to have her little boy on December 19th if she doesn't go before then. She went three weeks early with her first so this one might come a little early also. I am thinking that if I am dilated I will go ahead and have my doctor induce me on the 12th. I think she was wanting to do this day anyways since she is leaving on the 14th. When I first talked to her about all this I was already booked solid on the 12th. I have decided to have a back up plan and if I am dilated then I will move these clients to Monday or the week before or the couple of weeks after and if I'm not then I will keep them on the 12th. I am super anal about trying to plan every little thing so far in advance. I hate not knowing what is going on and what the plans are. I am really hoping to go early, because my Dad is leaving for a business trip on the 18th. I don't know what the deal is, but he is always gone when I am having a baby. He has been here for everyone else's with no problems but now both of mine he has out of town meetings. When I was pregnant with Christian he was driving back from the Atlas convention in Orlando the day I delivered. He made record time and got into town 15 minutes after I delivered him. Mom said that if for some reason they don't induce me early she is staying home. There is no way she will miss me having a baby. Dad on the other hand has no choice in the matter. He has to go to his meeting! I guess I just have bad timing on these things. My swelling has gotten better in the last day or so. I have been trying not add salt to anything which is super hard for me. I think the big thing is that the weather has cooled off again a little bit. I really hope it stays in the 70's and doesn't get any warmer until spring. My mom said that sugar can make you swell or retain water also, so I am trying to watch that also. I have been craving pumpkin pie the last couple of weeks and I bought one on Monday when we were at the grocery. I have been eating a little piece of it each day and it is so good. It makes me so anxious for Thanksgiving. I was also craving steak, so we had that for super the other night and it was so good! I took an inventory this week of the rest of the stuff I need to get for Jax and Christian and myself, so I would be ready for this weekend when I go shopping. I also stripped down Jaxson's bassinet and got everything ready to wash. I am waiting until probably around Christmas time to wash everything that way it will still be fresh for when he arrives. I'm going to have a lot of washing to do around the Holidays. Luckily Jason and I will have quite a bit of time off with the way the Holidays fall this year. I also bought a ton of ribbon and some burp cloths and I am hoping to get my sewing machine out soon and try and make some of those cute burp cloths. Jason and I both have gotten a lot done on things around the house. He should have his list finished by November and I will be close on mine. The thing that is getting me is all the photo books that I need to do still and I am not motivated to do them at all. I made lists this week of how I want to rearrange my pictures in my house when Jax gets here. I can't wait for Alisann to do newborn pictures of him. Her pictures are absolutely out of this world! I'm not just saying that because she is my sister either. I also made a list of the different poses that I am thinking of doing for my maternity pictures. I am looking forward to those. I just hope I don't look like a big fatty in them. I hate that my face always gets so big and fat when I am pregnant. I feel like it looks fat anyway, but when I am pregnant it is even worse. I can't believe we are almost half way through october already. I have a lot planned in the next three months and I want to enjoy every minute of it, but I also hope it goes super fast. I am going to my mom's today for a fun craft day of doing some fall crafts. I didn't start on my wreath yet because I figured I could do that today. I did get almost all of Patrick's stocking beaded this week, which is a huge relief and I got some things organized in the storage room. I go back to the doctor in 2 1/2 weeks. I do my glucose test at this one and hopefully everything will be good. I think after this appointment I will go every two weeks for 3 or 4 times and then it is every week. I really wish I would have known about blogging when I was pregnant with Christian. I would love to be able to go back and read all my thoughts and feelings during that time. I am trying to write as much as I can remember down in this blog, but there are so many things that you forget. Especially the little things. That is why I like to ramble on about stupid insignificant things that I think or do ,because those are the things that I will later forget and that will be neat to go back and read about. I will say I look forward to doing this post every Thursday morning. I am sure I will be super busy after I have Jax that I will be luckily to keep up with my other blogs, but I have tossed around the idea of doing a 'Mommy' blog that I can post to once a week and write down my thoughts and feeling of parenting and raising my kids. I know there has been so many things that I have forgotten about with Christian in the first few months he was born. Especially things on how I felt at the time. Whether it be stressed, scared, happy or whatever you forget those little things after awhile. I would love to be able to write all the good, the bad and the ugly down to have for later. And it isn't something that I would necessarily want in my other blog books. Who knows, I probably will start this because it's not like I don't have enough blogs already. The problem will be finding the time to keep up with all of it! I think this wraps up things for this week. I will probably post some pictures of our shopping adventure after this weekend. I am hoping to find lots of cute outfits for Jax. Christian is pretty much good to go on his clothes, but he might still need a few more outfits!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are 26 weeks already! This is getting exciting!!!
    :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I am so excited I can't even stand it. Sometimes I feel like he will be here anytime and other times I feel like I still have forever!

    ReplyDelete